Saturday, February 11, 2012

Scars by Cheryl Rainfield

_______________________Scars ________________________
____________________________________________________________________________
Overall Rating:  out of 

So I just finished this book and I have to say, It was amazing. This is a intense, dramatic read and you won't see the end coming at all, I was really shocked. This book is pretty gruesome and not a great read for just anybody, but if you have ever self-injured or thought about it or experienced someone who does it, I would reccommend for about ages 14-19. This book is also centered around a girl who goes through sexual abuse. The only fault that this book has is it is very repetitive, and she talks about cutting herself a lot, it almost got very annoying to me that she depended on it so much but I kept reading on and enjoyed it. This book is a very real harsh truth in today's society and the author comes from a history of self-harming and she captures the portrayal of the narrator perfectly which is very hard for most authors. This book is thin and sort of short but can convey a great story easily, I never brought this book around public simply because people will judge it just by the cover, and will be creeped out but it is a beautifully written book. I didn't want to put it down! 

- Alyssa 

No comments:

Post a Comment